Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Welcome

Welcome to the web-home of Christopher Tillman - Christian, Husband, Father, Pastor, and Jar of Clay. The name of this blog is "Guarding the Good Deposit," which comes from Paul's exhortation to Timothy to, by the Holy Spirit, "guard the good deposit" entrusted to him.
To provide you with some context for who it is that lives behind the posts that you'll find here - I currently live in central Wisconsin with my lovely wife and our two daughters. I am, by vocation, a pastor, and am in the process of completing my studies at Reformed Theological Seminary. We are hoping very soon for God to direct our steps to the church we've been set apart to serve and share our very lives with. I have a deep and earnest desire to see God's glory pursued faithfully, intentionally, and joyfully in all things - and to see the local church capture that vision corporately. Please, as you have the occasion, pray for us as we seek God's placement of our family in a local church whom I would have the privilege to serve in that task of shepherding the flock of God.
My doctrinal convictions are Reformed and Baptistic - I do prize the doctrines of grace as the most faithful distilling of biblical doctrine. Some of my primary theological and ministerial influences are Edwards, Spurgeon, and Piper and I enjoy reading a good deal. My family is precious to me and our time together is as well. I enjoy watching the Packers, Brewers, and Badgers. I like to cook and like the concept of woodwork and fixing things around the house, though it's more of a want-to than a regular hobby. I am a recipient of unfathomable mercy and grace, for while I was once dead in my sins and trespasses, the God whom I had offended by my whole life was pleased to make me alive together with Christ, whom He raised from a death that was suffered on my behalf, as my Substitute.
While my design in blogging is to be a part of what is the new cultural forum, I do not have a desire to be updating you on every in and out of my daily life. Words are important things - I do hope that what is presented here serves to promote godliness in you who may read it and serve the good of the church in the defense and promotion of sound doctrine and biblical exposition and a spurring on to love and good works among the people of God.
This is just an introduction to the basics of who I am - though I do hope that what is ultimately commended and displayed throughout the postings on this site is that which magnifies the glory of the Triune God. It is His glory that we who have been granted to turn from sin and trust in the Savior are oriented towards as our goal - and it is my hope that it will be the purpose of this site as well, whatever the content of posts should ultimately be.

To God Alone Be the Glory
-Chris

1 comment:

  1. I love the design of your blog, Chris. Just thought you'd like to know. :)

    ReplyDelete